Saturday, May 19, 2012

Farewell Fairytale

I look around me,i dont belong here,
I am swept by the crowd; m gripped with fear..

How did I end up like this,no-one seems to know,
Theres no strength in me now,i just let the tears flow..

I look around frantically,say your name like a prayer,
I hear that familiar laugh, and my cheeks flood with color

I turn around to see the face i know best,
 The  face that  seems  to  promise to take care of the rest..

I see that amazed look in your dark familiar eyes,
In a flash you're real;i feel my heartbeat rise!

Everything else seems to blur as we stand in the crowd,
whisper my name once;your silence seems unbearably loud!!

I'm just so nervous,keep tugging at my shirt,
your smile makes me almost forget the way I've been hurt!

For a moment i want to believe that all would be fine,
that once belonged to me would always be mine..

The day etched in my memory when you confirmed my worst fears,
What was i to do??i'd succumbed to my tears..

Day n night your words echo in my head,
but my heart still refuses to believe even a thing that you said~

But I wasnt surprised,I had seen this coming,
We had to face the truth one day,I was tired of running~

Words hurled at each other,each day a battleground
But  wasnt  that to protect what special we'd found?

Were we both wrong,or were we both right I wonder,
But wasnt it worth fighting for,why did you surrender?

For someone who saw the"extra" in ths ordinary me,
the truth my eyes betrayed how could you fail to see?

I just want to hold you ;nothing against you,
for we both are to blame ;it was a chance we blew.

We had something special but then you let go,
all we had to leave behind was our ego!!

What happened to our promises,the beautiful forever?
Now all thats left are your memories to savour..

It was a fairy-tale but not the ending i chose,
your place is by my side,yet today we stand as foes~

Never really imagined that we'd end up this way,
You seem to go still  further away with every passing day!

I thought i knew you best,but I'll have to start anew,
For Ive realised I can bring out not just the best but also the worst in you!

The colours you painted my life with,are here to stay,
Cauz the most turbulent of rains cant wash them away..~

We arent to be measured in years but by our infinite moments,
All wrapped up and kept safe like beautiful presents..

But wasnt it worth giving another chance?
Didnt I have the right to ask for one last dance?

I miss you like hell,i know you feel the same,
so lets just stop playing the "i dont care" game..

I'd won you over only to lose myself now,
Who was i believe u'd think back on your vow?

So much to say,but all i manage is a smile,
In a matter of seconds we seem to have travelled a mile..

You nod politely.then turn to walk away,
Pride holds  me back from asking you to stay..

I turn to return to the mundane.yet i smile through a sigh,
For somewhere i know this isnt the final goodbye..!!

3 comments:

  1. beautifully written!:-)
    words bring out the emotions so well...and writing such a poem is so hard!!
    hats off!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant beleive it!

    its too nice that i dont hav words to express..!

    especially i like


    For someone who saw the"extra" in ths ordinary me,
    the truth my eyes betrayed how could you fail to see?

    ekdam jabardastt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Sanket for your encouraging words!
      Its feedback like this that makes me want to write more..
      Comments like these are really valuable..Thanks again!!;-D

      Delete