Saturday, September 19, 2015

Killing Time

Afternoon siesta,a little after four,
I woke up to a knock on my door.
Too busy to care who it would be,
I opened to find him staring at me.

He barged in as if my room was his,
just when I thought something's amiss,
He bellowed "Miss,You're under arrest"
I scowled,"Oh i have no time for this jest".

But when he took out those cuffs,
My mind whirred for some rebuffs;
"Surely Sir there's been a mistake,
For i don't have the time for even rules to break".

I thought long hard for what I'd messed,
"Pray tell me what charges are pressed".
"Such audacity" he says,"You ask about your crime!
Ofcourse you're guilty of killing time !"

"Hands where I can see them" angrily he says,
my smartphone falls;open Facebook stares.
"That's one of the culprits" he says visibly riled,
"I have them all here,neatly filed".

Youtube videos of cute babies and cats,
Insta updates,stories snapchats.
"Oh what must I wear today?"
"If he says that,would could I say ?"
Strong connections with something remote,
Long late night chats to emote.
Songs to hatred that you repeat,
Group chats that make plans to meet.
The whatsapp statuses to show creativity,
Likes and shares,your Facebook activity.
Filter choice,a matching caption,
"Why did Zahn leave one direction ?"
A good selfie,a better edit,
Fan fiction on Tumblr and Reddit.
The three accounts you check for mail,
"I don't need that but there's a sale".
"Hey come back your clan needs a leader",
That book you read thrice,you avid reader.

I begged "Oh you can stop I got the gist,
I must say that's quite the list".
And as I was filled with such dread,
I joined my hands and pleaded.

He felt sorry,gave me some time,
said "Waste not Miss,your age is prime".
I'll start from tomorrow,why waste today,
I must tweet about this right away !

2 comments:

  1. Seems like someone writes a blog to kill time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Neha . Better late than never ... Only time will tell !!!!

    ReplyDelete